Friday, August 20, 2010

Silly, Fun Matchbook project

Trying to think small with big "man hands" is rough.  I don't have the delicate touch needed sometimes.  Me and my old, hot, mean glue gun are getting into squabbles. lol
I love the train and plane with the puffs of smoke coming out.  They are the 3rd and 4th in the 1st row down.  They came from a baby scrapbook kit.  I never thought I'd use these and the lightbulb went off when I was putting the pompoms that are left over up. 
None of them are totally done yet. 
This 1 I love!!
Cookies and Milk for Santa
Even more detail on some of them in this pic of the collection.  These need hanging ribbon, finessing details and the numbers 1 thru 25 doled out between them to become a countdown advent collection for a swap.  I don't get to keep any of them.  They all have a gift in them from jewelry to ornaments.  EDIT: Can you tell these are just plain ol' matchboxes?  Go to your local Dollar Tree and look in the kitchen utencil area for 3 packs of 10 to do this with your kids or grandkids.  Big Hit!



A Swap for All Seasons with Linda as the Hostess with the mostest.  She has 70 of us doing this swap.  I can't imagine what others are doing with theirs.  Linda is showing top of the line examples of swap boxes on her blog.  I hope mine will be good enough.  Some of these ladies really know how to alter a matchbox. 
I chose to use what I have on hand and be true to my lil girl heart.  I used craft supplies, scrapbook stickers, punches and previous years Christmas cards and broken ornaments and package tie on stuff.  This Christmas morning puppy is a bit crazy.  She's got a bow and lots of pink bones and pink tennis balls.  Inside is an angel pin with pink rhinestone accent.
I found my dog bone punch and got the idea to do the drawer pull-out with a bone.  I might have to do a better job with it but at least I'll remember what my idea is.

look at this 1.  It is gonna hang from an ornament top that popped off it's original piece and be the pull too.  :0)

Choo~Choo...love this 1!

Reverent too.  I paroosed thru cards that I didn't even remember keeping to find just the right cut outs. 

What do ya think?

I am linking in to I Owe it All to Him for Let's see what ya collect week with my matchbox set. 

Candy Cane Kisses and White Snow Wishes! DeniseMarie

10 comments:

  1. Such lovely goodies-I think they look amazing! I wish I was as creative as you!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so very beautiful. I am new to papercrafting and this is something I definately want to try. Please drop by my blog today, its about inspiration.
    Smiles,
    Kim
    http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved looking at these beautiful matchboxes (I think). so clever. But I just can't read what you've written. Pink letters on pink background are very hard to read. Is there some way to change the contrast a bit? I'd really like to read what your collection is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE! Another online group I am involved with was just talking about a matchbook swap, so this is perfect. You did a BEAUTIFUL job!

    Thanks for your sweet comments about my blog, and I hope you don't mind that I add your awesome blog to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so awesome--and so much work!!! Oh my goodness! So dainty and precious.
    Thank you so much for linking this up...I know people are really enjoying it!
    Hugs & blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again. Thanks so much for coming by and telling me about that show. I havent been watching much tv but that sounds like some great ideas on that. Any tutorials on the matchbooks? I am going to try it. Where do I find them or did you make them too?
    Smiles my new blog friend,
    Kim
    http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Denise, I like the purple on lavender as I can read it so well now. I think the puppy matchbox is such a sweet thing. I love all things dog. So does my dd who plays for the Houston Harpies. Ever see them play hockey? It was scary for a mom to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely! What a creative use for those matchboxes. I might have to give that a try as Christmas activities for grandparents and their grandchldren. What fun!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! I know that you are already involved in a swap, but I created a swap and would be ever so grateful if you would get involved! Even if you just traded one, but if you chose to do more...
    well I am in love and I hope you can, but I understand if you can't. Here is the post about it:

    http://hillbillyhandiworks.blogspot.com/2010/08/great-holiday-ornament-exchange.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, these are the cutest things ever -- and such lovely detail...
    Thanks for the visit. Glad to find you!
    L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here and for your inspirational note.

Be Blessed, xox DeniseMarie